Services for the Elderly
Programme for Portable Comprehensive Social Security Assistance
From April 2000, ISS-HK has been commissioned by the Hong Kong Social Welfare Department to provide services for the elderly who have joined the Portable Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (PCSSA) Scheme.
Whom We Serve
The Scheme allows elderly PCSSA recipients who choose to take up residence in Guangdong and Fujian Provinces to continue to receive their PCSSA payments.
- Individual briefing session will be conducted for each recipient prior to his/her departure for Guangdong or Fujian Province. During the briefing sessions, we introduce our services to the recipients and give information about the necessary preparation for their settlement in Mainland China.
- Each case will receive an annual review for its eligibility to continue receiving PCSSA payment. A minimum of 20% of the cases will be reviewed by spot checks, while the remaining will receive postal reviews.
- Recommendations for appropriate appointee for mentally unfit recipients.
- Investigations of eligibility on special cases.
- Handling of enquiries and changes reported by recipients or interested parties.
- Arrangements of escort / transport service for needy recipients living in Guangdong Province.
- Handling of applications for burial grant from recipients' relatives who are Chinese residents.
Mon: 9am-1pm / 2pm – 6pm
Tue-Fri: 9am-1pm / 2pm – 5:45pm
Sat, Sun & Public Holiday: Closed