Services for Migrants
Ambassador Scheme for Ethnic Minorities
- Supported by the Home Affairs Department, the programme reaches out to ethnic minorities in Hong Kong to give useful information on support services available
- Reach out to and engaged with most disadvantaged individuals and families of ethnic minority backgrounds to help them access various services in government and non-government organizations through referrals and distribution of information kits
- Collaborate with government and non-government organizations to provide practical assistance to empower ethnic minorities to become engaged and productive members in society
- Increase understanding and appreciation of cultures of different ethnic minority groups by volunteering and collaborating with different community service organizations
Whom We Serve
Ethnic minorities reside in Hong Kong who come from countries including but not limited to Philippines, Indonesia, Nepal, Pakistan, India, Thailand and Sri Lanka.
Conduct home visits
Complete questionnaires with ethnic minorities in the home setting to obtain information about their access to various services in Hong Kong
Seminars and exhibitions
Provide up-to-date information and resources to ethnic minorities on different topics such as housing, education, employment services, health education, childcare, financial management to reach personal and professional goals in their lives
Refer clients to various services in relevant government and non-governmental organizations where necessary.
Volunteer Ambassador Programme
Volunteers are needed to help us conduct home visits, complete questionnaires and outreach to disadvantaged groups of ethnic minorities. The volunteers will assist in outreach, seminars, exhibition and data entry and perform other duties as assigned or required by the project.
Volunteer application requirement
- Able to read, write and speak well in English and Hindi or Nepali or Thai or Urdu
- Able to commit at least 2 hours per day
- Volunteer allowance: $30/hour plus travel expenses will be provided