Services in Mainland China
Guangzhou-Hong Kong Integrated Service Centre
Established in 2008 and the first of its kind in Guangdong Province, the Integrated Service Centre is jointly operated by ISS-HK and the Guangzhou Feng Yuen Street Government Office with professional social workers providing comprehensive social services for the community.
- Social Worker Supporting Service:Social workers receive regular professional development training, assessment and advice on expanding service delivery alongside with the reinforcement of supervision on their services.
- Family and Marital Counselling: Free consultations are provided by professional social workers to enhance family harmony.
- Community Rehabilitation: Consultation services are provided by professional social workers to help people with deviant behavior and their families handle their problems and reintegrate into the society.
- Legal consultation and related services are provided by legal professionals to service users.
- Volunteer Work: organize and coordinate volunteer work in the community and provide necessary training.
- Elderly Service: Coordinate and provide services to the elderly in the Feng Yuan Street community including the provision of daily care, emotional support, meals and emergency assistance.
- 24-hour emergency call service for the elderly.
- Employment Counselling: Provide employment counselling services mainly to the unemployed, enhance their job seeking skills and recommend suitable jobs.
- Enquiry Service: Provide necessary assistance to people seeking help via hotlines or in person.