Services in Mainland China
Guangzhou-Hong Kong Service Centre for the Youth
The centre is jointly operated by ISS-HK and the Feng Yuan Street Government Office in Guangzhou with social workers organizing a variety of activities and services for youths and their parents.
Whom We Serve
- Primary and junior secondary school students and their families
- Priority is given to orphans, single-parent families, divided families and unaccompanied youths
- Facilities: Various recreational facilities are provided to youths to expand their horizon as well as to keep their bodies and minds healthy.
- Group activities and interest classes: provide youths the opportunities to develop potentials as well as for self expression and exploration
- After school tutorials and counselling: enhance the academic potential of youths through homework tutoring. Meals can be provided if necessary
- Family life and community education: activities and trainings are organized to enhance the unity and harmony in family life.
- Counselling: Provide counselling and guidance to help students and their parents handle problems arising from personal growth and living conditions.
- Volunteer service: provide diverse volunteer training and service opportunities to help young people achieve personal breakthrough, care for the community and foster the spirit of mutual-help while deepening the public’s concern for young people.
- Extended services: services are extended to schools and organizations within the remit of Feng Yuan District to provide resources and consultations to students, teachers and parents as well as facilitating the service exchange between Guangzhou and Hong Kong.
Address: 2/F, Feng Yan Street Community Service Centre, 8 He Jia Ci Dao, Wen Chang Bei Lu, Li Wan District, Guangzhou, China (view on map)
Tel: (86-20) 8194 2661