Services for Migrants
Subsidy for Ethnic Minorities to Enrol Language Programmes
The Home Affairs Department provides subsidy for non-school-attending ethnic minorities participating in specified language courses (Cantonese and English) of the Employees Retraining Board (ERB) to encourage ethnic minorities from different backgrounds to engage in life-long learning and to enhance personal abilities.
Whom We Serve
Beneficiaries shall meet all of the following criteria:
- Non-Chinese speaking residents with Hong Kong Identity Card
- From low-income families
- Non-school attending participants
- Participating in specified language courses or special target groups of the ERB with 80% attendance or above. (Please refer to the “Notes to Applicants” attached to the application form for the list of the specified language courses for special target groups of the ERB)
- Can only apply for the subsidy twice per year and no more than four times in three years.
To handle enquiries, process applications and make disbursement of subsidies
Application forms and guidance notes are available to download from here or visit Home Affairs Department.
- Details such as income limit may subject to changes. Please refer to the website of Home Affairs Department for updates.
- Completed application forms with copies of relevant documentary proof should be sent by mail to HOPE Centre for Ethnic Minorities.
- Successful applicants should collect reimbursement in person or authorize other persons to collect the subsidy at the HOPE Centre (please refer to Contact Information for address).
Public Holiday: Closed